|I used scraps of fabric that I have left over from other projects.|
How to Make Thread Catchers
Ruler or template of a 60 degree triangle with 9 1/2 inch sides (all sides will be equal)
Fabric of your choice.
3 buttons for each catcher
How you do it:
- Stack fabric and cut triangles (however you want to do this..scissors or rotary cutter)
- Sew two triangles together, right sides facing, with a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave about 3 inches open on one side for turning.
- Clip points close to stitching and turn; pull out points as best you can.
- Press edges, folding under and pressing the seam allowance on the opening.
- Top stitch 1/8 inch from the edge around the entire triangle. (No need to hand sew that opening!)
- Fold the triangle in half, matching up two of the points.
- Keeping the triangle folded, take the top angle tip and bring it down to touch the fold. This shows you where the side seam will be. Make a mark. (For me, the distance lined up exactly with my needle plate.)
- Sew the seam from your mark to the bottom fold. Repeat with the other two sides of the triangle.
- Fold the tips down and attach a button, sewing through all layers.