Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY Weekend

Lots of DIY projects on the front porch....


Painted wood screen designed and crafted by my sweet husband and painted by me. This is made from a sheet of 1/2" plywood and door hinges and hides a huge breaker box. The swing was natural cedar and I painted it black to match other furniture on the porch. Inexpensive but lovely outdoor fabric was easy to transform into zippered covers for the throw pillows to dress up the swing a bit.


The other end of our long front porch is also graced with an identical swing, so I painted it and made the same pillows. I love the wall fountain that Bob gave me for Mother's Day years ago; it "sings" all day long.

Bob cleaned and stained the porch floor this spring, so now it's a lovely place to relax since we're no longer looking at things on our "to-do" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment